Friday, July 24, 2009

Gallery: Scribblenauts Screens + Trailer

One of the games I'm REALLY psyched about this year is Warner Bros. Interactive's Scribblenauts, the upcoming Nintendo DS game by the geniuses at 5TH Cell (Drawn to Life, Lock's Quest) set to hit stores on September 16. In case you've not yet heard of it, this is absolutely one of the most crazily original games on any platform to date. Thanks to innovative gameplay that's guaranteed to keep your brain and fingers on their toes as you input words which the game translates into usable on screen objects, I'm actually much more excited about my DS than I am my 360, PS3 and Wii combined.

If there's anyone out there who thinks the DS can't do anything other than cutesy kid games, squashed-down ports of console racers and more licensed games than you can shake a stylus at, they'd probably want to put a sock in it right about now. Maxwell's going to be tearing it up this fall and the Internet will probably explode from all the YouTube videos and such being uploaded.

Anyway, let me put a sock in it and post this game trailer, which is short, sweet and spectacular.


See what I mean? Here are a few screens as well:


As noted above, Scribblenauts looks as if it's going to be keeping a lot of folks very busy and I'm certainly going to be one of them. We'll be back with more updates as they come in and a full review once the game ships.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting so long for this! So glad it is coming out soon :D

    ReplyDelete