Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gallery Update: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron



UTV Ignition's absolutely gorgeous action game mixes its surreal and brilliantly original art style with a unique take on biblical lore in a game that's sure to draw attention amongst core gamers as well as non-gaming folks interested in the religious imagery and themes. Good, bad of otherwise, this is certainly one amazing looking game. I've been watching this since it was announced and now that it seems its FINALLY getting a US release sometime this year, I'm HOPING the publisher drops into NYC with a build I can get my hands on. I also hope the game isn't buried and forgotten under the TON of bigger-hyped releases, as what's here looks like it's made to be played multiple times through in order to see everything. As it is, marketing this is going to be a tough deal for certain. How the hell do you advertise a game that takes such bold artistic liberties with a revered text while fitting the gameplay tastes of the masses? We. Shall. See, I suppose...

Here's a look at some of the fantastic art in character renders and game screens (more below the jump!).





No comments:

Post a Comment