Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday, Star Trek!



Hard to believe it's been 45 years since the series first premiered on TV, but yes, it's true. I actually have vague memories of watching parts of some episodes as a little kid, but I really didn't have a clue as to what was going on. It took watching reruns of the original series in my teens and finding a few friends who were also into the show to make me appreciate it a lot more, but we still had fun pointing out the cornball effects and occasionally bad dialog, sets and visual effects. Here's a clip of the Science Channel's upcoming documentary, TREK NATION, a film project done in collaboration with the late gene Roddenberry's son, Rod about the impact the show has had among a wide range of people. Now, I need to check my cable guide to see if I actually get the Science Channel. The documentary airs on November 30th, so you've got enough time to check your own cable listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment