With a determined focus toward publishing more varied games developed around the world as well as keeping its core JRPG franchises alive and well, Square Enix is really pushing "content" this year. In other words, they have more than enough content to keep core gamers VERY content, indeed. Their E3 2011 lineup is pretty amazing overall, featuring a few types of RPG's, sequels that mean something (thanks to a reboot or two) as well as an all-new IP that's been on everyone's radar from its first mind-blowing backward spooling trailer. Full press release below the jump.
Gaming Worlds Collide As Square Enix Unveils E3 2011 Titles
LOS ANGELES, June 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today its videogame lineup for the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center, June 7–9, 2011.
This year, Square Enix brings some of gaming's hottest and most beloved franchises to the forefront. Some of gaming's biggest names spearhead the company's show offering.
- TOMB RAIDER®, from Redwood City-based studio Crystal Dynamics®, ratchets up the intensity and takes gamers into the world of Lara Croft as they have never seen before.
- A new tale continues the story of FINAL FANTASY® XIII. With new characters come new destinies in FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, which will be playable for the first time at E3.
- Gaming in 2011 gets augmented with DEUS EX®: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ from Eidos- Montréal, marking the series' triumphant return.
- Agent 47™ takes on his most dangerous contract to date in HITMAN® ABSOLUTION™ from IO Interactive A/S.
- The island of Banoi may seem like paradise — until players realize they are among a handful of survivors of a zombie outbreak in DEAD ISLAND™ from Deep Silver.
- Obsidian Entertainment's DUNGEON SIEGE® III offers intuitive action gameplay, a robust RPG system with an extensive selection of abilities, an endless variety of loot and an engaging storyline.
- WAKFU® is a fantasy MMO adventure with a tactical combat system and a unique anime style from Ankama Studio.
- HEROES OF RUIN™ is a brand new adventure for the Nintendo 3DS™ featuring a lineup of unlikely heroes and deep social functionality.