Thursday, September 16, 2010

TGS 2010: Capcom's Asura's Wrath: Now THAT'S What I Call A God Hand!

Or a "Good Lord!" Hand. The trailer to Capcom's ridiculously spectacular action game made my eyes pop and jaw drop on the first viewing, a second viewing had me cracking up for a solid two minutes or so. Holy cats, is this game going to be completely nuts or what? Cyber Connect 2 has always been one of my favorite Japanese developers since the days of the .hack games, but for a few years they've also been ceaselessly churning out a number of different Naruto games for Namco Bandai on the PS2, PSP and now, PS3...



Don't get me wrong, folks - their Naruto games have indeed been fun to play and extremely well made overall. Still, like most of my fave devs in the east, I've always figured that they had at least one blockbuster original title building up in them... but this is plain nuts (in the best possible way).



OK, I'm sold. This one might be one of those seminal action games people will go back to again and again if CC2 can make the whole game this beautifully bizarre. Commence with the waiting, folks... GO CAPCOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment